Only two days left for the biggest box office clash of 2023, the Barbenheimer clash. Earlier, the Barbie box office predictions doubled than predicted, but luck seems to favor Oppenheimer too.
Oppenheimer movie box office prediction is a strong $50 million in the opening weekend. Nolan’s atomic bomb and biographical drama is set to release on 3,600 cinema screens by Sunday, eyeing a grand opening. The film is distributed by Universal Pictures.
A $100 million film with the legend Christopher Nolan in the director’s chair is enough to convince the audience to step into the theatres. The film is likely to earn $50 million in regional market and collect $100 million in overseas markets. If everything goes as predicted, Nolan’s film will surely succeed at the box office. The overseas market and distribution of Oppenheimer is enormous.
According to a report from Box Office Worldwide, Oppenheimer movie box office predictions are pretty impressive in India. The film bagged a total of 3,29,549 tickets resulting in Rs. 13,87,21,749 Crore of opening weekend collection. The distribution of tickets among the widespread cinema chains PVR, Inox, and Cinepolis is making sure the Oppenheimer movie box office collection is filled with high numbers.
Let’s have a look at the tweet by Box Office Worldwide:-
Source – Box Office Worldwide Twitter
With these numbers, Oppenheimer movie box office in international markets has the potential to garner good numbers.
Oppenheimer movie box office prediction might seem way lesser than that of Barbie box office prediction. On the other side, Nolan’s film will benefit from several factors that will draw the audience to the theatres. The reasons are as follows:-
- Christopher Nolan has earned the name of a prestigious and intelligent filmmaker all over the globe. His filmography is filled with the most costly and highest-grosser in Hollywood. It is undeniable that Nolan’s fans will let go of this film without ensuring its box-office success.
- Actor Cillian Murphy plays the lead character of theoretical physicist Julius Robert Oppenheimer. This film will mark the sixth collaboration of director Christopher Nolan and actor Cillian Murphy. Since the announcement in 2021, fans are eagerly waiting to witness this collaboration on screen.
- Oppenheimer real-life story is as intriguing and controversial as the incidents it led to. The story of a theoretical physicist, his journey of inventing atomic bombs, the explosion it caused in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and the self-destructive behavior of the physicist will be decoded by Nolan. The film’s subject is attracting audiences, and the internet is flooded with memes and reels.
- Trade experts predict a $50 million opening weekend collection for Oppenheimer, which is alright. Subsequently, the film will gain numbers. 52 theatres in U.S., India, U.K., and Canada are showing the film in full 70 MM IMAX format, giving the audience a different movie experience.
- The stellar star cast of Cillian Murphy, Emily Blunt, Matt Doman, Robert Downey Jr., Florence Pugh, Josh Hartnett, and Casey Affleck are all potential faces to draw the audience in theatres.
Barbie Can Threaten Oppenheimer’s Opening Weekend Collection
The biggest box office clash of Barbenheimer is going to happen in one day. The whopping opening weekend collection of Barbie, which is $93 million, is undoubtedly high compared to that of Oppenheimer, which is $50 million. The film can lose an audience for being an R-rated film, which can benefit Barbie for being a PG-13 rating film. Apart from this, Barbie enjoys a wider audience for being a colorful, bubbly, and all-age-group film. Let’s keep our fingers crossed and wait for July 21st.
I am indeed a “Barbenheimer” fan and will step into theatres for both films. Knowing which film wins the opening weekend collection battle would be thrilling. For more updates, stay tuned to Popgeek. Your ultimate source of Hollywood entertainment updates and gossip.
- How much is the budget of Oppenheimer?
Being a Christopher Nolan film, Oppenheimer costs $100 million to make.
- How much is the Oppenheimer movie box office collection for opening weekend predicted?
Oppenheimer movie box office collection is a strong $50 million in the opening weekend.