After the huge success of Avatar: The Way of Water, James Cameron is all set to continue his science fiction story with the franchise’s third part, Avatar 3. With another epic Pandora story on the way, Avatar 3 casting, release date, and the potential story is confirmed to delight its fans.
On the one hand, when the films’ mainstays are confirmed to return, three new faces have also joined Avatar 3 cast to keep us hooked to the screen. However, this time the new faces, including the Academy Award Winner Michelle Yeoh, Oona Chaplin, and David Thewlis, are not forced to be one of the Navis whom we have always seen in a positive light.
There is a big big change in Avatar 3 cast character portrayals this time. The captain of the ship, James Cameron, worked to explore the opposite sides of Navis and humans in Avatar 3. Titled the Ash People, the Pandora Aliens will be featured in a negative frame, while the humans we all have seen in a bad light in the previous 2 Avatar movies will show a different picture of humanity.
Directed by James Cameron, who co-wrote the film along with Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver, Avatar 3 heads to arrive around Christmas 2024. Here is what else you should know about the highly anticipated sequel.
Who is in Avatar 3 Cast? All Characters Explored!
It’s good news for all Avatar fans who have loved the franchise’s Avatar so far. Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Stephen Lang, Sigourney Weaver, Trinity Bliss, and all other Pandora Aliens you have befriended in Avatar’s long 14 years journey are returning in Avatar 3 alongside some fresh faces for the franchise’s threequel.
Yes, read with us to find out if there are changes to their well-established characters and in which Avatar, the new cast of Avatar 3, joins this intriguing story.
The Avatar 3 cast is as follows, and though we are already familiarized with Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana’s respective roles, let’s recall their characters again for those new to the Avatar story.
- Sam Worthington will play Jake Sully, a former human who transferred his mind into his Avatar after going head over heels for Neytiri and befriending the Navi tribes.
- Zoe Saldana, known for playing Gamora in MCU, is also reprising her role of Neytiri, the wife of Jake Sully.
- Sigourney Weaver is back as Kiri, the lovely daughter of Dr. Grace’s Navi Avatar. After the death of Dr. Grace in Avatar 1, Kiri is adopted and raised by Jake and Neytiri.
- Britain Dalton will play Jake and Neytiri’s second son Lo’ak again. He is also the narrator of the film.
- Trinity Bliss has also returned as Tuk. She is the youngest child of Jake and Neytiri.
- Jack Champion is reviving his character Miles Spider Socorro again. Miles is the son of Colonel Miles Quaritch, the film’s main antagonist so far. After Jake and Neytiri killed Colonel in Avatar 1, they rescued and adopted his son.
- Like the previous two movies, you will see Stephen Lang playing the film’s antagonist Colonel Miles Quaritch again. Possibilities are higher. Stephen may not be in the primary antagonist role as James Cameron has decided to let the Ash People take charge.
- Giovanni Ribisi is back as Parker Selfridge.
- Cliff Curtis, the leader of Navi’s Metkayina tribe, will play her character Tonowari.
- Kate Winslet is again playing the wife of Tonowari, Ronal.
- Joel David Moore will be back as Dr. Norm Spellman.
- CCH Pounder shall role Mo’at, the mother of Neytiri and Omatikaya’s spiritual mother.
- Edie Falco is General Frances.
- Bailey Bass will portray Tsireya, the daughter of Tonowari and Ronal.
- Filip Geljo is also returning as Tonowari and Ronal’s son.
- Dileep Rao is reprising Dr. Max Patel, the scientist of the Avatar program.
- Jemaine Clement is reprising his character of the marine biologist Dr. Ian Garvin.
- Matt Gerald is returning as Corporal Lyle Wainfleet.
- Michelle Yeoh is the new member of the Avatar 3 cast. She will play the role of Dr. Karina Mogue.
- Oona Chaplin has also joined the Avatar 3 cast as the leader of the Ash People.
- David Thewlis is the last fresh face in Avatar 3 cast. However, his role in the threequel has yet to be disclosed.
What’s Avatar 3 All About?
Avatar 3 and all other Avatar sequels to come in years ahead will continue the story from where its previous installment leaves. As said, Avatar 3 will focus on the nefarious Navi Tribe, the Ash people; the upcoming sequel may see a mass battle between the Ash People and the main Avatar 3 cast, Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana, the protectors of Pandora.
To our surprise, we may also see a strong alliance between Omatikaya, Metkayina, and the humans, who are now in a positive light. The three forces may fight the film’s antagonist; we are speculating Oona Chaplin might play it, as she is the leader of the fiery Ash people. However, there is no official confirmation of the main antagonist’s role.
According to The Direct, Avatar 3 will feature a new villain who may add a personal touch to the intriguing plot, and we’re keenly waiting for its updates.
And while Avatar and Avatar: The Way of Water focused on Pandora’s forest and watery worlds, Avatar 3 will open the story featuring fireplaces. All in a different setting.
Who is the Crew of Avatar 3?
Avatar 3 is directed by James Cameron, who handles the screenplay duties along with Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver. Made on a budget of $250 million, Avatar 3 is again helmed by James Cameron and Jon Landau.
Russell Carpenter works on visuals while editing for the ground-breaking scenes on David Brenner, James Cameron, John Refoua, and Stephen E. Rivkin.
Simon Franglen, who gave music in Avatar: The Way of Water, is ready to offer another musical treat to the audience with Avatar 3.
Is Avatar 3 Filming Done?
James Cameron started Avatar 3 filming along with Avatar: The Way of Water in September 2017, and significant shots with the Avatar 3 cast were filmed by November 2018. While Cameron completed 95% of the filming in 2020, the CoViD-19 outbreak disrupted the threequel’s remaining production work.
James Cameron recently shared that the filming for Avatar’s 2024 sequel will wrap up sooner. If the film’s post-production is done without delays, you may see Avatar 3 on its scheduled release date.
Avatar 3 is reportedly titled Avatar: The Seed Bearer. However, discussion on the official title is still running to ensure it sounds relevant to the story and overall concept.
When Will Avatar 3 Trailer Come Out?
Though Avatar 3 trailer release date is not locked yet, considering that James Cameron released Avatar: The Way of Water trailer ahead of the film’s one-month release, we may see Avatar 3 trailer somewhere in November 2024.
Is Avatar 3 Release Date Confirmed?
Yes, Avatar 3 release date is confirmed. 20th Century Studios will release Avatar 3 on 20th December 2024. And much like the franchise’s previous two installments, Avatar 3 also faced many delays subject to its theatrical release, as the films’ writers James Cameron, Rick Jaffa, and Amanda Silver, required considerable time on the script.
With a total runtime of around 190 minutes, Avatar 3 cast heads to arrive around Christmas 2024 to meet all again. Are you excited? Drop your answers in the comments below.
READ ALSO – Till Lindemann Net Worth and Luxurious Lifestyle