The teaser trailer of A Haunting in Venice is out now. The movie is scheduled to release on September 15, 2023. Based on Agatha Christie’s detective novels, the film will be the third installment of the prequels, Murder on the Orient Express (2017) and Death on the Nile (2022). Kenneth Branagh will be recreating his role as Hercule Poirot, who is compelled to solve a murder mystery that took place at a séance he attended and direct the Halloween thriller as well. The teaser release has got all the mystery fans excited about. In this article, we will give you all the details about this much-awaited supernatural thriller.
When did the Teaser Trailer of A Haunting in Venice drop?
20th Century Studio released the teaser trailer of A Haunting in Venice across its digital platform on April 26th, 2023. The 1 minute 55 seconds long teaser trailer showcases the characters and plots of the film precisely, getting all the fans of supernatural thrillers hooked. It gives us a glimpse of the film’s setting post World War II where we see Poirot attending a séance at a haunted palazzo. Although, as soon as one of the guests at the place gets brutally killed, Hercule Poirot takes charge of unmasking the guilty once and for all.
The teaser trailer for Haunting in Venice received mixed reactions from fans and critics. While some find the trailer interesting and pretty spooky, some simply tagged it as a Bloody Hyped thing. Now only time will tell if Kenneth Branagh’s A Haunting in Venice will go well with the audiences. However, until and unless this Halloween thriller hits the big screen, you can enjoy reading some of the reactions to the trailer here-
- Kenneth Branagh is a great actor; detectives are exactly his element. I’ll definitely be at the cinema.
- This one looks way more serious than the previous 2 films, which had way lighter tones to them, and I’m all for it! I hope Crooked House is done. Next, that’s my favorite in the series of books.
- I had no idea this was gonna be another Poirot film. Bloody hyped.
- We need more of Agatha Christie’s books turned into movies. This looks interesting!
The teaser trailer for A Haunting in Venice has generated a lot of excitement among fans, who have gone gaga over seeing their favorite Kenneth Branagh in the supernatural horror. Now it will be interesting to see how well Agatha Christie’s novel adaptation will perform in theatres.
What is the Release Date of A Haunting in Venice?
The release date of A Haunting in Venice is September 15, 2023. The film will release in US and UK on this date, and a special screening will be held at the Venice Film Festival between August 30, 2023, and September 9, 2023.
Who Will Be Joining the Cast of A Haunting in Venice?
The film’s cast consists of Kenneth Branagh as Hercule Poirot. We will see Kyle Allen as Maxime Gerard, Camille Cottin as Olga Seminoff, Tina Frey as Ariadne Oliver, and Jude Hill as Leopold Ferrier, Fifty Shades of Grey actor Jamie Dornan will be seen as Leopold Ferrier’s father.
The recent Oscar winner Michelle Yeoh has also joined the cast as Joyce Reynolds. Ali Khan as Nicholas Holland, Emma Laird as Desdemona Holland, Kelly Reilly as Rowena Drake, and Riccardo Scamarcio as Vitale Portfolio have joined the team with the rest of the cast.
READ ALSO – Killers of the Flower Moon Trailer Glimpse An Untold Story of the Osage Murders
What is the Plot of A Haunting in Venice?
The premise of the movie is adapted from Agatha Christie’s 1969 novel “Halloween Party”. Organically, in the novel, the story is set in ancient England; however, in the movie, the makers have made certain changes in the story and set it in Venice, Italy.
A Haunting in Venice is a supernatural thriller. It is based in post-World War II Venice. The charismatic Poirot, a Belgian detective who has been self-exiled, has to attend a séance, reluctantly, and solve the murder mystery involving some supernatural happenings forms the crux of the story.
The story starts when a 13-year-old girl is found dead in a tub; the girl somehow communicates through supernatural means that she has witnessed a murder of an even younger child, which compels Hercule Poirot to solve the murder mystery and uncover the serial killer.
Is the Filming and Production of A Haunting Hill in Venice done?
In March 2022, the declaration of a script for the third Hercule Poirot film was made by 20th Century Studios. Michael Green will make the film as writer and Kenneth Branagh as director. The film will explore the story of Hercule Poirot, a fictional Belgian detective character highly mentioned in the novels of Agatha Christie.
Later, the film was confirmed and began production on October 21, 2022. The film is produced by Genre Films, Mark Gordon Pictures, and Scott Free Productions. The film is simultaneously shot at Pinewood Studios and Venice. Judy Hofflund and Branagh will also join hands as producers as they did for previous Christie movies, and Louise Killin, James Prichard, Ridley Scott, Simon Kinberg, and Mark Gordon are the film’s executive producers.
“This is a fantastic development of the character Hercule Poirot and the Agatha Christie franchise. Based on a complex, little-known tale of mystery set at Halloween in a pictorially beautiful city, it is an amazing opportunity for us, as filmmakers, and we are relishing the chance to deliver something truly spine-chilling for our loyal movie audiences.” Branagh said in his new film.
What’s New to Hope For in A Haunting in Venice?
- Agatha Christie is among the well-known author of the mystery and suspense thriller genre; the previous adaptation of her novels have turned out very well both in the eyes of the audience and critics, and it would be exhilarating to know how the third installment is being adapted and how the supernatural thriller looks on screen.
- Actor Jamie Dornan and director Kenneth Branagh are reuniting again as actor-director in this film; it will be fascinating to know what they add to the film, considering their last collaboration for “Belfast” was admirable.
- Along with an engaging story, the film brings back Poirot on screen; the charismatic and strong, and his way of carrying his personality and solving complicated and confusing mysteries is one thing to look forward to in this film.
- It would be interesting to witness how they have captured the minute details Christie gave in writing on the big screen. Though we saw a glimpse in the trailer, the art production and set design look appealing.
FAQs about A Haunting in Venice
- Which Agatha Christie’s book inspired the story of A Haunting in Venice?
A Haunting in Venice is an adaptation of Agatha Christie’s novel “Hallowe’en Party,” published in November 1969.
- Is A Haunting in Venice available to stream?
A Haunting in Venice will release in theatres on September 15th, 2023, and later on, the film will be available on Disney+ Hotstar to stream.
- How many Hercule Poirot movies are there?
There are 14 entries in the Hercule Poirot movie series.
- How many movies are based on Agatha Christie novels?
There are more than 30 feature films made from Agatha Christie’s work.